Tuesday, February 23, 2010

One Dish 3 Ingredient Microwave Fudge

So Walmart has set up there holiday baking aisle and I couldn't help but grab the stuff to make this super easy chocolate fudge. It is the quickest way I know to get a chocolate fix besides a candy bar.

3 cups of chocolate chips (milk, semisweet or a combination of the two)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup of butter

I usually use 1/2 milk chocolate and 1/2 semi sweet, but today I did 2 cups milk chocolate and 1 cup semisweet. This is a fun way to get flavor variations. When dh is out of town I use 1/2 mint chocolate chips (dh doesn't like mint).

Anyway I use an 8x8 glass pan and add the chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter. Give it a quick stir and throw it in the microwave for 3 minutes on 50% power. Stir and put back in the microwave for 2 more minutes at 50% power again. Stir and smooth out the top. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the pan clean above the layer of chocolate and then cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge to set up. Cut into squares and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment